Rocket Internet incubates and invests in Internet companies with proven business models. It provides operational support to its companies and helps them scale internationally. Rocket Internet focuses predominantly on four industry sectors of online and mobile retail and services that make up a significant share of consumer spending: Food & Groceries, Fashion, General Merchandise and Home & Living. Rocket Internet’s selected companies are active in a large number of countries around the world with more than 28,000 employees.
We are lokking for a
As General Counsel (m/f) you will be heading our legal department and providing legal management oversight while directly reporting to the board. This role is responsible for ensuring a strong legal and corporate governance structure across the business, taking responsibility for the legal needs of the organisation and dealing with general corporate and commercial matters. In addition you will be responsible for a vast range of M&A deals and investment activities of Rocket Internet and our subsidiaries.
The following tasks will be part of your new role:
- You are a first point of contact both on holding level as well as for the ventures and responsible for diverse legal matters
- In cooperation with the management, you work on a range of legal matters to ensure that business activities are conducted in conformity with all applicable laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures
- You are playing a key role in regards to legal matters relating to the business including Venture Financing Rounds, VC Investments, M&A, Corporate Governance, Regulatory Compliance, IP, Commercial Contracts, Equity matters and Data Protection
- On a continuous basis, you will be required to review and evaluate legal risk
- You have gained excellent first and second state examina in law (at least vollbefriedigend)
- You’ve already earned at least 8 years of experience in-house or with a major law firm in an international, dynamic environment
- You possess extensive knowledge in the fields of M&A, venture capital, tax law, corporate governance, transactions and commercial law while having gained experience in capital market regulations
- Your analytical and structured approach will allow you to quickly grasp complex issues and to accurately display results even under severe time pressure.
- You possess a very hands-on mentality and love to work independently
- In addition to your high level of intercultural competence you show tremendous communication skills.
- You have excellent German and English communication skills Additional information
What we offer you
Rocket powers a global network of companies with unique reach, extensive resources and exceptional people. You’ll be based in Berlin, one of the world’s most exciting and dynamic cities. The Rocket Tower offers you high-end offices, a roof terrace, a free gym as well as free fruits, cereals and drinks. You’ll get access to our exclusive events (Rocket University, Hackathons, Parties...) and unique career opportunities across our network.
We at Rocket’s Recruitment Team would be happy to receive your application in German or English.