We are currently looking for a
Director Intellectual Property (m/f)
Hanau oder Olen
Umicore AG & Co. KG
for our Corporate Intellectual Property Management team located in Olen (Belgium) and Hanau (Germany).
Purpose of the function
You will contribute to the growth goals of Umicore by managing and developing the intellectual property portfolio and developing the IP-strategy in cooperation with the BU’s. You will be part of Group R&D, where you will play a key role in IP, safeguarding the value of Umicore’s innovations and translating them into valuable business. You will report to the Senior Vice President Group R&D.
- You are responsible for the strategic and pro-active IP management across the Umicore Group.
- You understand the priorities of the Business Units and stimulate business value creation out of IP.
- You develop the IP organization in Umicore and the IP expert team to effectively and efficiently support this business value creation target.
- You hierarchically lead the IP expert team consisting of patent attorneys, patent search specialists, a manager inventors remuneration and a paralegal team (total 18 employees in Belgium + Germany).
- You stimulate the experts in the IP team to continuously educate themselves in the field of IP and in their personal development.
- You develop and maintain contacts with your peers in the Industry to keep pace with the latest development in the area of IP management.
- You are responsible for the alignment of inventors remuneration with international law and you supervise a consistent execution.
- You are responsible for the Intellectual Asset protection policy of Umicore Group.
- You are responsible to lead and execute the IP part of M&A processes.
- You have an Engineering or Science degree (technical college or university) or equivalent.
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken), knowledge of German and/or Dutch is a plus.
- You have experience as Business leader or have been part of multi-functional Business teams, and have been involved in business value creation out of Intellectual Property.
- You have a sound knowledge on the mechanics and terminology of IP related processes such as patent filing, prosecution, invalidation, enforcement etc.
- You have experience with the tactics behind developing an IP portfolio.
- Having experience with improving efficiency and effectiveness of (IP related) processes is an asset.
- You have strong leadership and people management skills, both hierarchically and in multi-functional matrix organizations.You have excellent negotiation skills to coordinate the decision making process in a multi-stakeholder approach.
- You are a team player, result driven and decisive.
- Interesting area of work
- International environment
- Performance-oriented remuneration system
- Professional job training
- Excellent development opportunities